Monday, May 26, 2008

Experiencing "The Shack"

I've been told by a couple of people to read "The Shack." I bought it and put it on my nightstand to start reading when I was done with my current book. I had little expectation that this book would be anything beyond some of the more cheesy Christian books I'd been directed to read in the past few years.

I was wrong.

This book drew me in and wouldn't let me come back out until it was finished. It's a story, but it's the story of God given in a post-modern day setting. I kept thinking while I was reading it that it is a powerful tool for the 21st century. In the midst of the book, almost every theological idea is presented, but it is done in such a disarming way that anyone can read it and experience the power of the story within it.

Last night our neighbors came over for dinner. I had spent the better part of the afternoon reading it so I started talking about what was happening to me as I read it. She enthusastically said, "I want to read it."

I seriously want to buy a 100 copies and pass it out. It's this good.

So, take time and order your copy, and a couple of others because you will want to pass it on too. It's "The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity" by William P. Young. Get it today!

No comments: