Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Occidental Square, Part 3

Her name was Aeisha.  During an invitation to give testimonies, she stood up and spoke: "I am six months pregnant and addicted to drugs.  I am so sorry for what I have been doing to my unborn baby.  Will you pray for me?" 

It only took seconds before she was surrounded by a circle of love.  One woman, Beverly, had been speaking to her for a long time before.  She was drawn to her because she had a young friend that looked so much like her and she had died.  Beverly spoke to her tenderly out of the Scriptures about the depth of the Father's love for her.

I told her about Zechariah 2:5 where the Lord says, "There will be a wall of fire around you and I will be the glory in your midst."  I showed her the circle around her, and told her that when we follow Jesus his love reflects onto others. 

We prayed for her.  One young girl, Annika, came and put her hands on her back and prayed her heart out.  She later told her Mother that "she was praying for God to protect that baby."

Aeisha experienced the heart of her Heavenly Father through the presence of his beloved children that day. May she know the depth of his love for her throughout her life, and may she see his face in her baby when it is born.

No comments: