Sunday, December 21, 2008

Missio Lux Prayer Team

I've always dreamed of being part of a church where the direction is given by Jesus himself.

No, listen, it's not as far fetched as you would think. I have been on numerous church staffs over the past 18 years, as well as ministry teams. Often, plans are made without even a prayer. If there is prayer; often it is asking God to bless what we have decided. I have done ministry this way too. This type of ministry makes small advances, but what could happen if we aligned with God and his timing and direction?

I started a prayer team early on with Missio Lux, but I could quickly see that this is not the team that the Lord had chosen, so I let it drop to the ground (end).

This time is different. It is happening as I always dreamed. I began to know in my spirit that the Lord was calling a prayer team together. First, he pointed out who should lead it. I wrestled with the choice as the one he showed me was preparing to move. But, in faith and obedience, I asked her. She said, "Yes." The Lord had prepared her to receive the call by desiring a prayer team like I am describing. And, shortly after she said yes, they found out, surprise!, that they weren't moving.

We have been meeting at 5 a.m. on Tuesdays for the past several weeks to listen to the Lord for his direction. The first day we met, she received the clear instruction from Exodus to "build it according to the instructions that I give you."

We have been given bits and pieces of direction the past few weeks, but it must be time to move because today the Lord gave us so much specific direction, it left us spinning in expectation! He showed us who to invite, when to meet, how often to meet, how long we are to meet--nothing was left unclear.

Now, this newly called leader is making contact to those God identified. My prayer is that they will receive the call and consider it in God's eyes and plans; listening for his voice of direction.

I will keep you posted on what happens from here!

No comments: