Tuesday, September 2, 2008

God appointment at the Market

God loves to surprise us at the most ordinary times.

Saturday I went to the fruit market on a quick mission as we had plans for the day. Usually we make an outing of it, but this time it would be in and out as we were going to Whidbey Island to go sailing with my cousin.

I bought my usual vegtables, flowers and fruits and finally got the berries. I wasn't doing a very good job of getting all of it to the car (flowers falling over pouring water all over me) when a woman said, "Here, let me help you take these to your car." So, she turned around and helped me carry my load.

I told her that usually my daughter comes with me, and she said her daughter usually did too. We kept on talking on our one minute walk to the car and found out that we both have adult daughters in transition from amazing experiences of Youth with a Mission and IHOP: International House of Prayer. Bonnie's been home for about six weeks and is missing the YWAM environment.

I took her information and she took mine so our daughters could connect.

When I got home and told Bonnie that I had found her a friend, she said, "Last night I prayed for friends. It's been so lonely since I came home from Guatemala."

We figured out that if Bonnie had come with me to the fruit market that we wouldn't have had the "divine appointment."

All this took less than 5 minutes and yet, I could see God in it all the way.
Life takes on a greater adventure when we recognize God in the ordinary events of life and look to his purposes in them.

I don't know what will happen when Bonnie meets this new contact, but I have a feeling that it will be very good for the kingdom.

No comments: