Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Peace Seekers Missio Community


Friday I had the privilege of going to the Peace Seekers Missio Community.
This is a community of women who meet to know God better and to build friendship with one another.

They met all year on Friday mornings. It's complicated working around all the school schedules for their children, but they all eventually get there and breathe a sigh of relief. They know when they enter into Peace Seekers that they have found a place of peace. It's like taking a great big drink of refreshing water!

They are beginning to feel safe enough to take off their masks and show their true selves.

They are beginning to recognize what they need as women and mothers and to give it to themselves so that they have something meaningful to offer their husbands, families and world around them.

They are also beginning to take big leaps spiritually. I was present to help them work through spiritual gifts; and it was my privilege to be able to hear what they discovered and their dreams for using them.

I knew I was on holy ground when we were praying for the Lord to ignite their gifts and to bring opportunities to use them for the kingdom. As I watched them reach out to pray for one another, tears came to my eyes as I recognized how powerful community and prayer can be.

No comments: