Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Jesus Comes to Oprah's Ball

God is blowing a new wind.  It's a wind that is crossing all kinds of barriers that have been erected through the years; our differences becoming more important to us than our unity in knowing that we are people loved by our Creator who desires to have a relationship with us.

Remember the Shack?  That book pointed countless numbers of people to Jesus, and yet, the criticism leveled against it was thick and unyielding.

A long time ago, when I was at the start of this whole adventurous journey that I've been invited to join, I was sitting, broken hearted in a church service, having come out of a painful ministry situation that almost broke me.  As I was sitting there, I suddenly saw a box, and then I heard the words, "You've had me in a box, and I want to removed your boxes," as I saw one side after another ripped down.

This is what my Creator Creative God has done for the past 15 years.  He has shown me sides of himself that surprise and stun me.  And, I have to wonder, would this Creative Creator rather be at an Oprah's ball where he gets to surprise people, or would he rather be in a stuffy church service that is timed down to the minute?

Watch this 5 minute video and see for yourself which choice he makes.  Listen to Diane Sawyer as she says, "This was the most transcendent experience that I will probably ever have."  Watch those that lift their hands in praise, almost because they can't help themselves.  Consider the words at the end of how one man is going to choose to live after he experienced  the holy invading the ordinary.  He's going to dream bigger:  this is the God of hope at work in his creative way.

Let's keep our eyes open for more divine appointments to come....

Click here

No comments: