Friday, March 11, 2011

He Received his Crown Today


This was written by one of our leaders of the Healing Prayer Ministry after her father died:

This is my dad…
He received his crown today!

Dear ministry family,

I want to thank you for the faithful prayers ever since my dad’s fall on January 8th. He felt them and he knew without a doubt that God was taking every detail of his life in His ever capable hands.


Today at 7:25 AM my dad received his eternal reward when he passed from us into the loving embrace of his Savior and Peace, Jesus Christ. At 2 AM this morning my dad fell and suffered another head trauma and due to the severity of the injuries, he never regained consciousness.

My entire family was present with my mom, sister and her husband when my sweet ol’ Robbie was removed from the ventilator – but, before he passed, we had the privilege of praying over him, reading scripture to him (specifically Psalm 91 and 23), anointing his head with oil and prompting my mom to sing to him his favorite hymn, “The Ol’ Rugged Cross” and “their” song, “I’ll Be Loving You, Always.” The moments were precious and peaceful and my dad left this life, the way he lived it – a true gentle man!

Holy moments surround us and I look forward to seeing God’s glory revealed in the process of grief, sadness and celebration – surely they are ours to behold!

Thank you for loving us well and for caring, always!

No comments: