Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Reflections on our Trip to UK, part 2


Everything in England is about the Royalty! There are castles, changing of the guard, the Royal Mews where the carriages are kept, and of course, the Tower of London.

The Tower of London holds the crown jewels. Several crowns exist from the different royalty that has been anointed as King or Queen through the centuries. They are beautiful crowns, most have exquisite jewels imbedded in them.

There is also a scepter which is given to the Royal at the time of their Coronation. This scepter indicates the authority that they carry as ruler of the country. They are given a beautiful robe to wear to show their rule is important. They enter the Coronation in a beautiful carriage; one that is completely gold. Everything is very grand and beautiful.

As I toured all this and watched the video of Elizabeth being made Queen in 1952, I sensed the Lord reminding me that I am also a Queen and that my coronation was much more grand than Queen Elizabeth!

He showed me last year that I carry the authority of Queen Esther and have been appointed for "such a time as this!" I often feel like Jesus asks me the question, "Who are you?" because our identity is so connected to our ability to fulfill the assignments he gives to us.

When I answer I tell him, "I am Queen Esther, appointed for such as a time as this." I often see in my mind the Lord putting the crown on my head, and the robe around my shoulders and the scepter into my hand as I am reminded that I am invited to the throne room of the King (Hebrews 4:16).

When I got home from our trip to the land of royalty, I had a package waiting for me. It was a beautiful gold round box with a huge sparkling green jewel on the top of it. When I spoke to the woman who gave it to me, she told me that as she was preparing the gift, the Lord was very clear that he wanted her to give me her gold box with the sparkling green jewel.

I understood then that the Lord was reminding me of his word to me regarding my identity, and he was giving me something tangible to help me remember it.

I was also given a beautiful mirror with jewels on it for my birthday. The woman who gave it to me also told me that the Lord wanted me to have a mirror so that when I looked at it, I would be reminded that "I reflect his glory." 2nd Corinthians 3:18 tells us that "we are mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord."

I am telling this story not to say that I am set apart or unique to the rest of us. I am telling the story because this is all our stories. We are all kings and queens that carry the authority and power of the King we serve! We have an identity as sitting on the throne with the King--as Ephesians tells us that "we are seated in the heavenly realms with King Jesus."

As I went through the display, I asked the Lord why it was so hard to remember who I am. I felt him answer me that when we truly believe and live out of the place of our true identity, there is no stopping how we will live life with the King. The enemy, the one who challenged Jesus' identity three times, is serious about wanting us to forget our true place in the world.

We have to battle for our identity and having tangible reminders, memory stones as some would call it, help us to do the battle!

Before I stop writing, I want to ask you the question the Lord asks me, "Who are you?"

How will you answer?

No comments: