Monday, July 18, 2011

A Word in the Night Results in Healing

Luke is a man who is part of Missio Lux. He carries great faith and knows that God has given him a healing gift.  He is anxious to see God do more and more miracles through him and around him. The following is a miracle that occured with his wife Ruth:

We set out to travel to Colorado to see our daughter and grandchildren, but on the way down her toe began to swell up like a sausage. Her doctor had told her: "Your test came back positive for osteomyelitis, but I can tell it is not. If it was, I would have to cut your toe off."

When we got to Sheridan, Wyoming we stopped early, and I went for one of my usual walks. I jumped a fence and headed out on the prairie. I wasn't sure about rattle snakes, and I didn't want to surprise one of them in the grass so I began to pray out-loud. It was a beautiful evening, and the country was wide open and unpopulated. I soon found myself walking amongst 6 beautiful horses, and I got fairly close to 6 antelope too. Two of them had their little fawns with them. I also frightened a small bird who had a nest on the ground full of eggs. I saw some prairie dogs, but I didn't see any snakes.

I prayed about India, and I prayed for Ruth's foot too, and I prayed about Missio Lux. It was just getting dark when I returned, so I went to bed early concerned about Ruth's toe. At 6 AM, I heard a voice in my head. The voice said: "LUKE, read, Luke 13:11." It was still dark out and Ruth was sleeping, so I took my Kindle Reader into the bathroom and looked up the mystery passage: "A woman was there who had been disabled by a spirit for over 18 years. She was bent over and could not straighten up at all. When Jesus saw her, He called out to her, 'Woman, you are free of your disability.' Then He laid His hands on her, and instantly she was restored and began to praise God."

I went back to bed pondering this and some other things God was showing me and fell asleep. Ruth woke me up later and I told her what I had heard, and I read it to her. I put her foot on my knee (she was sitting on the bed across from me) and said, "Woman, you are free from your disease;" then I put my hands on her feet and declared her healing. I could tell this had greatly increased her faith and hope.

She had what looked like the head of an abscessed boil rising up on her toe, and nothing immediately changed. When we got to Colorado, I thought we should lance the head of this volcano, but she was hanging onto her healing. That was six days ago, and since then she hasn't had any pain in her feet, and the abscess, or whatever it was, is dissipating. Her toe is turning to its normal color again, and she is walking quite nicely.

This healing is important because Luke is scheduled to go to India to do a training for Sunday School Teachers from 85 churches in Northeast India.  Ruth had volunteered to care for the grandchilren, so their daughter Kim, could come along with Luke on the missions trip.


Praise God for this healing, and then anticipate all the ways that God plans to move in India as he uses Luke and Kim to bring forth his kingdom ways and power!

No comments: