Friday, August 13, 2010

Celebrating a Significant Birthday



I love milestones!

I also embrace transitions because they are so important in moving to the next phase of life. However, I've struggled a bit to embrace this new decade that I move into tomorrow because life has happened so fast, and I am not ready to let go of my youthfulness.

Tomorrow I turn 50.

Not too long ago, I felt like the Lod outlined the different decades of my adultlife:

20's: Childbearing (had 3 daughters in 4 1/2 years)

30's: Training (I started working at my church one month after I turned 30 and ended up graduating from seminary two months before I turned 40

40's: Ministry (Every year has seemed to increase in my joy in participating in ministry and the fruit that comes from it)

So, I anxiously awaited the theme for my 50 decade: and I was delighted when I heard: Multiplication and Miracles.

I began to ponder: what would multiplication and miracles look like?

I am anxious to live it out to find out!


No comments: