Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Battle of the D's:


It seems like a lot of challenging words start with d: discouragement, depression, despair, doubt, and disappointment. The d's can take us down and even out in our faith if we let them.

Have you ever had to battle the d's? I just spent the past few days battling them, and I can tell you it wasn't fun or even pretty. Every moment was a challenge and I kept wondering, "God, where are you?" Can you relate?

But, true to God's form, he wasn't ready to let me stay sunk down in a pile of d's!

He came and over and over again asked me if I was ready to walk out a new D: the D of Dreaming! He taught me to dream when he was showing me the vision for Missio Lux, and they were big dreams. Sometimes after awhile of struggling with small challenges, I find the dreams start becoming small or vanish altogether.

But, God is not the God of small d's, he is the God of BIG D's: DREAMS.

First, he sent a word through a friend: she saw me flipping pancakes as a little girl and she could see the Dreams in me. Next, my Psalm for the day, Ps. 126 which starts out , "When the Lord brought back the captives to Zion, we were like people who Dreamed." Right after that I looked at my nightstand and saw that the title to the new book I had purchased was called "Dreaming with God." I smiled and said, "Ok, God. I am starting to get it."

Over and over the past few days, I've been confronted with a choice: I can move towards disappointment or I can stay focused on the Dreams that God planted in me. It's my choice. But, my focus will probably help determine the outcome.

I choose to Dream. I choose to believe like Abraham that "even though his body seemed as good as dead, he did not waver in unbelief, knowing that God was able to do exactly what he had promised (in his Dreams). Romans 4.

Today you also have a choice. Will you be Abraham or will you be one that forgets the big Dreams that God has planted in you?

No comments: