Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fireworks at Healing Prayer Worship Service

I've had a new experience lately with the Lord. When he is really pleased about something, it's like fireworks go off in my mind! I see the sparkle and hear the boom and it feels like July 4th all over again: one of my very favorite holidays.

I experienced the fireworks on Tuesday at the Missio Lux Healing Prayer Worship Service.

This is why: the entire service is planned, led and set up and cleaned up completely by God's people. I came at the time to pray and the room was set up for prayer stations and with athestics to prepare an atmosphere of worship. The band was practicing.

I joined in a circle of prayer which was led by one of our Prayer Team leaders, Muffie. The circle continued to get bigger and bigger as prayer member after prayer member arrived to prepare themselves to be God's vessel for healing that night.

The two prayer team leaders came around the circle with communion, serving it to all of us.

As we worshipped, heard Larry's powerful testimony of his Lazarus resurrection, and then broke into teams to pray, I couldn't contain my joy. I knew that Jesus was so pleased with what takes place, watching committed people who can't wait to get there each month to pray, and knowing that they were doing it out of their calling and their passion.

This is Missio Lux. The people of God following their divine design and fueled by their passion and God's power, reaching out in missio to serve the world.

If you haven't ever attended a Missio Lux healing prayer service, I would encourage you to come. We meet on the 4th Tuesday of every month at the Pine Lake Covenant Sanctuary at 7 p.m.

It's a chance to make space for God in a comtemplative setting and to receive prayer for whatever you desire.

I hope that the fireworks never stop in this ministry; God is showing up and showing off his wonderful heart for the people he created!

No comments: