Tuesday, March 2, 2010

An Amazing Place to Worship: Cabo San Lucas

My husband Bill and I had the privilege of going to Cabo San Lucas last week. It was a gift to enjoy each other, the sun, the ocean and most of all: the snorkeling!

The last day was the best part of the trip for me. We got up early and went to a public beach where we were able to have the entire bay to ourselves. When we got into the water, we were immediately surrounded with fish!

I am not talking about little fish or boring fish, we had magnificently colored big fishes swimming all around us, we felt like the Pied Pipers of the fish world. As we continued to snorkel, I kept finding schools of different fish and I couldn't help but notice that they all had their own personalities and culture that made them unique. Some would float near the top of the water, others stayed closed to the ocean floor. Some would swim in cirlces, others would go in a straight line. Some seemed to have a leader; others seemed to be more relaxed. Some would respond to our presence, but others were indifferent.

I can't help thinking that God created a whole new world in the ocean. I am never at a greater place of worship than when I am snorkeling. I am so awe struck by what I see in the fish and the corral that it literally takes my breath away (good thing that I have the mask to breathe!).

Snorkeling also brings me to a place of rest in my soul. All the stress and pressures of life melt away as I enter the water and live into a new land of the sea!

I never entered into a church building in Cabo, but I came away from the week feeling closer to God and more filled by worship than I have in quite awhile. Rest and creation: a wonderful combination for a life of worship to the One who created the world, and me!

No comments: