Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Surprises

It's been awhile since I have written. The day after I wrote my last blog, my parents called with the news that the heart surgery that my Mother had the middle of January did not take, and she would need the surgery again.
I could hear the fear and despair in their voices. The surprise of a surgery that had a 98-99% success rate failing. It was Friday night at 5:30 and by 5:30 a.m. on Saturday, I was on my way to the airport.
It was the strangest thing because I had a weekend that was almost totally free. This hasn't happened since I moved to Seattle....but it wasn't really free because God had so many plans for me in Colorado.

I spent the whole weekend walking through one divine appointment after another.

Our family was able to gather and pray over my Mother; asking God to do what the dr's didn't do~heal her heart. I will never forget my Dad putting his hands on her heart and calling out for God to heal. It was a gift.

I came home to a non-stop week, and by Friday I had the surprise of a nasty virus that has knocked me for a loop. As I consider how I feel with a minor virus, I think of my Mother and the thought of having a major heart surgery twice. It is with that thought that I come to You, God, again and again, calling forth your supernatural healing that will heal Mom's heart. For your surgery is so much more powerful and healing than any doctor would ever accomplish.

No comments: