Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Holy Moment at Healing Prayer


I left my house at 6 p.m. to go to Healing Prayer, but I had a couple of errands to run first. By the time I got to the church for the Healing Prayer Worship Service, one inch snow flakes were coming down quick and starting to accumulate.

We knew we needed to cancel but we didn't want to leave before we spent at least a few minutes in worship and prayer.

So, about 10 of us stood in a circle and sang. As we sang, our voices seemed like 200 instead of 10. Our voices sounded so beautiful, and the sense of the Lord's presence was so strong. All I could say is "Lord, you are so holy." We got quiet as we enjoyed his presence with us.

Two women came in out of the storm. One had cancer and the other one had leukemia. We put chairs in the middle of the circle and we began to pray for them. I almost felt like we didn't need to pray because the presence of the Lord was so powerful.

But, we did and then enjoyed communion together.

Tonight was a night where our communion with one another and the Lord seemed extra special. As I went to my car and saw the beautiful trees covered in snow and the freshness of everything around me, I knew that I would always remember this night.

No comments: