Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Healing Prayer Team is Taking a Road Trip

The alarms will be going off early tomorrow for 9 members of the Healing Prayer Missio Community. We are going on a road trip!

We are leaving for CA and will be attending an "Open Heaven Conference" at Bethel Church in Redding. It will take about 12 hours to drive there, so we are meeting to leave in carpools at 4:00 a.m. I wonder if I will get to bed tonight!

This trip came up suddenly, but it is one way that we are learning to be responsive to God's voice, as we "throw our nets to the other side of the boat."

It happened one morning as I felt the Lord caution us to postpone our start date for the training. We were to start last weekend, but the leader of one of the groups who is coming was unable to be present for the first weekend, and our daughter was coming home rather suddenly from college.

But, at the same time I felt that I was to go to the Bethel website after two team members had been praying and felt the Lord was calling us to go there. When I did, this conference popped back at me in practically neon lights. I knew that we were meant to attend.

That was only about 2 1/2 weeks ago; but in this short amount of time God put all the details together.

I don't know what God has in store but it feels good to be responsive to his call, even with short notice!

Please pray for our trip~ and look for an update when I return!

No comments: