Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year's Day Gathering

People are gathering at the Sammamish Town Center on New Year's Day at noon to recognize the new year, the new beginning that God is doing. Over a year ago, I had a picture of people at the new city hall waiting to welcome Jesus to our area in a greater way. I was at a prayer gathering this fall for National Day of Prayer, and I couldn't pray at all because all I could see is the gathering should be on New Year's Day. I told the NDP coordinator and we prayed for more specifics. The Lord showed us both it should be at noon, he showed us we should face east, and we should be ready....because he wants to do many new things and when we make room for them, he responds.

It feels so right to do this as I am ready to move into new territory. I cleaned out my office at Pine Lake this week, and brought everything home. I am ready to live like a tabernacle; following the cloud by day and the fire by night. I am ready to walk in faith and ready to call those who are embracing a new wineskin to buckle their seatbelt and get ready for the ride.

Interestingly, I hear that there will be many gatherings taking place around the state of Washington much like what is taking place in Sammamish. Others are hearing the trumpet call and responding to embrace the new year; the number 7 in Hebrew means "year of completion" and the number 8 means "year of new of beginnings."

No comments: